Thursday, July 21, 2011

How I Became a Cat Herder


It all started one day when my son came home and told me his friend's cat had kittens, and they wouldn't be able to keep them all. "can we go see them, mom, please? they'll have to take them to the shelter, and they'll kill them!"  so, we went to see the kitties. of course, i knew one of them would be coming home with us.  some of the kitties didn't look too healthy, but one was really cute, and looked like the best of the bunch.  so that's when we got Clyde. he was 3 months old and a real cutie, though really shy. I think  he hid under the sofa for a couple of days.  when he finally got used to us, he became MY baby.  he slept curled up on my arm every night, although he liked to cuddle and play tag and fetch with the boys.  he endured several moves, especially from Pa. to Ohio, and hated every one of them. he even lived with our son in cinncinnati for a couple of years. he was born on Superbowl Sunday in 1986, and passed away in my arms in august, 2005.   

Vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment