Friday, July 22, 2011

I Got My Buffy!

  I came home from work on Christmas Eve of  2007, ready for a nice dinner my son promised to cook for us.  i walked into the dining room and saw a little orange and white ball of fluff on the desk.  "well, hello", i said to what i thought was my son's new kitty.  "Merry Christmas, mom", said the guys.  i picked up the little ball of fur and said,  "now I have my Buffy!"  it was love at first sight. she was such a tiny little thing, and a little bit  shy.  she had just been brought into the shelter 3 days  before hubby and son #1 had picked her out.   what is wrong with some people who decide to get rid of their pets right before Christmas, for crying out loud?!  
 First night in new home.
"I'll sleep anywhere"
the spca people said she was 1 1/2 years old, but she seemed much younger. my son  thought they might have gotten her mixed up with another cat.   she was also de-clawed, but for some dumb reason, her former owners didn't have her spayed.  i found that out 2 days after Christmas when she started acting weird and poor Spike was , too.  never had a female cat before, so i didn't know what was wrong , but i soon found out!  a call to the shelter soon followed, and an appointment made for ASAP!  soon after she got "fixed", though, my tiny baby became a chubby gal!  she's still my sweet little girl, though, and  loves to snuggle with mommy more than anyone else.

Vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment